Hi lovely readers, I’m Cheryl. I’ve been working at Curvy Kate for around seven months now and loving it!
My lingerie love really started back with my first professional fitting. I’d always loved lingerie: to me, it symbolises femininity, self induldence and celebrating your body, but for so long I felt like by body was oddly shaped or ‘wrong’ since nothing really fitted me properly. I’d been fitted in a chain store so I thought I was in the right size, so I naturally felt that the problem lied with me. How wrong I was! I was refitted from a 34D to a 28FF and I’ve never looked back! Since I’m quite a ‘hard to find’ size, Curvy Kate are a saving grace for me!
I’ve been a huge fan of the brand for years and even though PR wasn’t necessarily something that I thought would be on the cards for me, when I saw an opportunity to work for Curvy Kate I thought it sounded right up my street. A job in the lingerie industry? What’s not to love?!
After not just one but THREE Star in a Bra competitions, I really was thrown into the action at the deep end, but I’ve learnt such an overwhelming amount in such a short space of time. I’m involved in lots of press engagement and am constantly finding more and more ways to get the Curvy Kate brand out to more busty ladies!
Reading magazines, newspapers, blogs and e-zines is a daily occurance. I try to keep up to date with all the Curvy Kate coverage both online and in print, as well as come up with new ideas and inspiration of what to do next! My desk has what can only be described as a mountain of the latest monthly and weekly glossies, woman’s weeklies, fashion journals and trade magazines, and I’ve read most of them cover to cover at least a few times.
The best thing about my job:
I get to work in such an incredible industry and with such amazing people. Team Curvy Kate are a different breed in themselves, and each and every one of them is the perfect mix between kooky, crazy, nuts, hard-working and passionate! We just love rolling up our sleeves and getting involved in new, exciting projects, challenging ourselves to new ventures and pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the full bust lingerie world!
The worst thing about my job:
Seeing the production process pretty much from day one means that I see all of the new Curvy Kate designs and collections before most people on the planet, so I’ve got the longest wait between seeing it, wanting it, and owning it! Plus choosing the Star in a Bra top 30 is a bit of a nightmare – too many gorgeous girls to choose from!
10 pointless facts about me:
- My current obsession is Twitter. I have to check it multiple times a day or I feel like I’m missing out. I rode the Instagram and Pinterest trains for a while, but for me, Twitter is where it’s at.
- I’m currently in the process of hand-sewing a king-sized patchwork quilt. It’s taken me about six months and ended up costing way more than the cost of just buying one, but I’m a quarter of the way though. That’s right, at this rate it’s going to take me two years and a lot of lonely evenings and weekends to get it done, but it’ll be worth it in the end. So long as I do actually have the patience to finish it…
- My nails are always chipped.
- I own somewhere in the region of 60 bra sets. I know.
- My perfume of choice is Dolce & Gabbana ‘The One’. Yum!
- I’m obsessed with Youtube makeup and beauty vids and spend hours watching them, despite the fact I’m usually too lazy to wear makeup most days.
- I drive a black Peugeot 107. I love her and her name is Astrid, after a character from ‘How To Train Your Dragon’ because I think the car looks like Toothless but that’s a rubbish name for a car… it made sense at the time, I promise.
- Currently, I’m a 30FF (give or take, depending on the style).
- When I was 4 I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up. That didn’t happen.
- At the moment, my favourite places to shop for shoes is Office and Kurt Geiger, and for clothing is New Look, Forever 21 and Dorothy Perkins.
Top 5 favourite Curvy Kate sets:
In case you hadn’t guessed, I’m a bit of a fabric cup fiend, and they’re all I really wear every day. I couldn’t resist the Tease Me, however, for a touch of glam and stunning burlesque factor for the weekend or for any day I feel I need a bit of a pick me up!