Hi, I’m Amy Davis, and I’m Curvy Kate’s Customer Service Administrator for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
I process orders, check the status of orders, check warehouse stock and deal with any returns. In short, I ensure that all the stock reaches the stores safe and sound for you all to buy!
Until I got my job here at Curvy Kate, I didn’t have a clue about my bra size. I was wearing an A cup when I’m actually a D! I was delighted when I was told this by the Curvy Kate fitting experts, as it meant I could wear all the fab Curvy Kate designs.
I have a customer service background, having worked at Camelot for the National Lottery in the past, dealing with all the lucky ticket winners. Unfortunately I never found myself amongst the list, so my shoe and handbag collection remains relatively modest.
I am originally from the Watford area, and I now live less than 5 minutes drive away from the amazing Leavesden Studios where they filmed the brilliant Harry Potter films. It goes without saying that I was amongst the first to go along to the behind the scenes attractions that they opened this year!
I went a few months ago, and as a huge HP fan I loved trying a pint of ‘butterbeer’ and seeing all the incredible sets. I’d recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in the films.
The best thing about my job:
The variety. There’s always something new and exciting going on here, and no two days are ever the same. I love seeing all the new collections, new models and competitions – and need I even mention the UK Lingerie Awards!?
The worst thing about my job:
Let’s just say, being surrounded by so much stunning lingerie is bad for my bank balance…
10 pointless facts about me:
- I have a freckle on my bottom lip!
- I hate roast dinners, to the dismay of most of my friends and colleagues!
- I’ve recently embarked upon the Weight Watchers diet plan and lost over two stone. I am feeling much more healthy and get so many compliments – but I miss my favourite food, Indian takeaway!
- I’m obsessed with Florida, and I’ve been three times and counting! In fact, I’ve already booked up to go again next year.
- I have and unhealthy addiction to bags and shoes.
- As a child, I had a rabbit named ‘Bambi’. Everyone was confused why I didn’t go for ‘Thumper’, and to be honest in retrospect so am I…
- I was a majorette for four years in my teens.
- I’ve never broken a bone in my entire life, and the idea of it fills me with fear!
- When I was younger I wanted to teach young children!
- I can’t not have my nails done and have to visit the salon every 3 to 4 weeks without fail.
Top 5 favourite Curvy Kate sets:
I must admit, some of my ‘favourites’ I’m yet to call my own just yet, and some I’ll even have to wait until next year to get my hands on! I couldn’t put together a ‘favourites’ list without my two latest lust-haves: the gorgeous purple shade ‘Tease Me’, and the gorgeous pink print ‘Lottie’ from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Whilst I have a fair while to wait for those, I’m kept happy with the stunning new Autumn/Winter 2012 additions to the Showgirl collection. I love the new ‘Entice’ set – it really makes you feel a million dollars. I’ve got my eye on the blue and black ‘Tempt Me’, even though I already have it in all the colours… The new ‘Smoothie’ is the perfect choice for under a t-shirt or with outfits where you need a uber smooth shape, plus I love that leopard print!